Jubilee Youth Performing Arts Show
Tick Tock: An Evening Based in Time
Performance: 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 16, 2018
at the Mariner Theatre
$12 Members $15 General $5 Youth under 16
Breaking from the talent show tradition, we are weaving the evening together with delightful emcees Falcom Greear and Jessi Adcox, and original student works based around the theme of “time.”
• Audition Applications due 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, 2018
• Audition pieces should reflect iconic elements or performances of a particular era. Please identify the time period your piece or its genre hails from on your application. Performers are encouraged to dress in the era their piece is from or that their original piece genre fits most with.
• Audition time slots will be posted online and on HCOA's door and website by 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, 2018
• Auditions will be held 4-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
• Jubilee cast will be posted online and on the door of HCOA by 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, 2018
• Rehearsal (required) 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15
Parent volunteers needed! We would love your help at dress rehearsal and the performance.
Jubilee Summer Fine Arts Scholarship Awards
HCOA's scholarship goal is to encourage youth to continue intensive artistic endeavors during the summer months. Scholarships are available to students currently enrolled in grades 6 through 11, who are attending school in the Homer area, and who plan to return to school in the Homer area the following year. Applicants may apply in one category only; this should be their chosen area of study for the summer program they wish to attend or private lessons from local teachers.
• Scholarship applications due by 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 12, 2018 (click here for application)
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Jubilee Performance, and amounts will be determined when HCOA has received program cost information (website link, brochure, letter, etc.) and monetary request.